Speaking impeccable English does not come naturally to everyone. It is a skill that needs to be cultivated. And we are here to help. So in this blog, we will discuss about the top 6 tips on how to improve your English.
Top 6 Tips on how to improve your English
English is important. We all know that. To get ahead in life, you need to have a command over the English language. However the importance of English is not limited to that alone. Even for normal day-to-day interaction, you need to be able to speak English. In today’s world, knowing how to speak good English is a bare minimum. So it’s time you brush up on your English speaking skills. Listed below are the top 6 tips on how to improve your English:
Work on your grammar
- Grammar is essential both for verbal communication and examinations. If you want to become fluent in English, then you should work on your grammar.
- This will enhance your preparation for various English language-based exams.
Cultivate the habit of reading books and watching English shows
- We learn most from the books we read and from the things we hear or see
- In order to confidently and correctly speak English, it is essential that you take active interest in learning the language
- From reading books, to watching TV shows and sitcoms:Learning can happen from anywhere.
Try to interact in English with friends and Family
- People learn from each other.
- You can learn English from each and other and the people around you.
- Make it a habit to interact in English with friends and family.
- The more you interact in English, the better your command over the language will be.
Learn English phrases
- To speak English well, you don’t need a vast vocabulary. The main idea is to convey the message in a simple and effortless manner.
- Learning phrases in English can help.
- If you know 100 phrases, you are likely to become more fluent in English.
- You will also be more acquainted with how English speakers actually interact.
- This will go a long way in improve your vocabulary.
Don’t try to translate each and every word in English
- Do not try to translate each and every word from your Mother tongue to English. By doing this you will end up forming sentences that do not make sense.
- This is so because the order of words is different in each language.
- Not every word, phrase, or sentence can be translated as it is.
Practice what you listen
- Practice is the key to success.
- Reading, observing, and speaking what you read and observed are essential if you want to learn a language
- The same holds true for English.
- Practice speaking out-loud: It helps you memorize, improves your pronunciation and intonation.
- Refer to standard English Grammar books, like Wren n Martin.
Follow these steps and you will soon see positive changes. You will not speak impeccable English overnight. But you will be able to see the change in the way you interact. This will take practice, hard work and dedication. No exaggeration there. This will take a lot of practice. English speaking is an art. And to master it, you need to think like an artist. And you need to act like an artist.