The day zero of placements implies the first day of the placement process for a batch. The day zero of the 2016 batch of various Law colleges was held in April and will be followed by another round of campus placements towards the end of the session. This day saw mass recruitment by major law firms, with Khaitan & Co recruiting 42 2016 graduates, closely followed by Amarchand Mangaldas Mumbai with 38 offered jobs and Luthra & Luthra with 35. Apart from these jobs, students were also offered vacation schemes by companies like Herbert Smith Freehills, Linkaters and Allen & Overy, which have a high probability of turning into high-pay jobs abroad.
Some of the leading colleges in the 2016 placement race are:
- National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata – 40 jobs, all in major companies, which is a new day-zero record, and 4 vacation schemes.
- National Law University, Jodhpur- 31 jobs in major companies.
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar – 24 jobs.
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal- 21 jobs.
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore- 33 jobs and 4 vacation schemes.
- National Law University, Delhi- 20 jobs and 4 vacation schemes.
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad- 39 jobs and 3 vacation schemes.
*including PPOs. For detailed list of placements, use reference links.
The first wave of placements is showing positive signs for the final round of placements and the zero day analysis reveals bright prospects for aspiring lawyers.
For information regarding CAT preparations, visit Career Launcher, India’s Premier institute for CAT coaching.