Are you an SSC CGL aspirant? Have you ever thought why SSC CGL is one of the most coveted exams in the country? This article unfolds reasons for graduates opting for SSC CGL exam.
What is SSC and types of posts offered by CGL exam?
Staff Selection Commission is a Government of India organization, which conducts recruitment exams for Group- B and C posts in various Ministries and departments of the Government, and their subordinate offices. Every year, the commission conducts a graduate level exam, commonly known as SSC CGL.
Depending upon your performance in the SSC CGL exam and your preference for posts, you are allotted Group- B or Group- C post. As per the official report, 17,86,047 candidates appeared for the SSC CGL exam in 2015.
Who can apply?
Qualification: Aspirants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized institute or university. Students in the final year of graduation are eligible to appear for the exam.
Age Limit: Aspirants must be between 18 years to 27 years.
What makes SSC CGL exam popular?
SSC CGL Tier-II 2016 is the next and the most important target for Tier-I test takers. While you leave no stone unturned in your preparation, here are the top reasons for opting for SSC CGL.
- 1. Job security: Central government jobs are secure and are not affected by recession. Unlike private sector establishments, the Government sector jobs are more stable and secure.
- 7th Pay Commission: With the 7th Pay Commission being implemented, the salary structure offered to the Central Government employees is even more lucrative. Government jobs bring along with them perks and allowances which increases in-hand salary and benefits.
- Timely promotions: Promotion policy is given importance and employees get fairly rewarded on the basis of various evaluation parameters. This provides ample growth opportunities.
- Work-life balance: A job through SSC CGL ensures wonderful work-life balance. With 8-9 working hours each day, you get sufficient time for socializing and personal work.
- Social status: Central Government job commands respect and authority in the society. It is the first step towards becoming a gazetted officer.
Various posts through SSC CGL
- Income Tax (CBDT)
- Central Excise (CBEC)
- Preventive Officers and Examiners in Custom offices (CBEC)
- Enforcement Officer in Enforcement Directorate (ED)
Inspectors/ Sub- Inspectors in:
- Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)
- National Investigation Agency (NIA)
- Intelligence Bureau (IB)
- Ministry of External Services under IFS
- Vigilance Commission
- Central Secretariat Services (CSS)
- Railway Board
- Divisional Accountant in Offices under CAG
Statistical Investigators Grade II
Non- Interview Posts
Auditors/ Accounts in:
- Comptroller Audit General (CAG)
- Controller General of Accounts (CGA)
- Controller General of Defense Accounts (CGDA)
Tax Assistants in:
- Income Tax
- Excise & Custom
Pay scale of various posts offered by SSC CGL
Here is a list of posts and their corresponding pay scale:
|Name of Post||Pay Scale||Grade pay|
|Assistants in other Central Govt. Ministries/Departments/CVC||Rs.9300-34800||4200|
|Inspector of Posts||Rs.9300-34800||4200|
|Inspector (Central Excise/Preventive Officer/Examiner)||Rs.9300-34800||4600|
|Inspector of Income Tax||Rs.9300-34800||4600|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer||Rs.9300-34800||4600|
|Sub Inspectors (Ex) in CPOs (ITBP,CISF,CRPF,SSB,BSF)||Rs.9300-34800||4200|
Ample job opportunities and handsome pay scale entice graduates to appear for SSC CGL exams.
You might like to read, How to prepare Quant Section of SSC CGL Tier II?