Aspiring to join as an administrative officer in United India Insurance Company Limited (UIIC)?
Keep reading, this post will highlight all the important aspects of UIIC AO 2016 exam and also help you devise exam strategy based on previous year’s cut off. Besides, don’t miss to read the UIIC AO 2016 exam preparation tips towards the end of the post.
As per the UIIC AO recruitment notification, 300 vacancies (Specialists & Generalists positions) are to be filled through UIIC AO recruitment 2016. To be able to join UIIC AO, you need to qualify the selection process, which includes an online examination followed by an interview. The online examination (Objective & Descriptive) will be conducted on June 12, 2016. You’ve got to look at the UIIC AO exam pattern before you start your exam preparation:
- UIIC AO Objective Examination: Given below is a table of the exam sections with expected number of questions, time & marks allocation for the same
|Section||No. of questions||Maximum marks||Composite time:
Please note: The objective test except test on ‘English Language’ will be bilingual. For each wrong answer, one fourth of the marks assigned to the question will be deducted from those obtained.
- UIIC AO Descriptive Examination: This section consists of two writing tasks, viz. letter and essay writing, to be completed in 30 minutes.
Knowing the exam pattern is not enough. It’s equally important to take a note of the UIIC previous year cut-off. In order to be eligible for the interview, you need to clear sectional as well as overall cut off in objective and descriptive examination.
|Section||General category||SC/ST/OBC category|
Descriptive cut off (out of 30 marks)
The overall cutoff for the interview round after compiling objective and descriptive examination marks was
Tips to boost your UIIC AO 2016 exam preparation
A simple and straightforward strategy will likely get you the desired response.To get an interview call, you need to set a target of 130-135 score in the UIIC AO entrance exam. So, formulate your exam taking strategy and ace the UIIC AO exam. Here are 5 tips to augment your preparation.
- Keep Practicing: The best way to maximize your score is ‘practice’. Practice Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning questions to master all concepts and memorize short cuts so that you don’t waste time on tricky questions.
- Analyze your Strengths & Weaknesses: To clear sectional cut-off, assess your strengths and weaknesses. Never take your weaknesses as impediments, consider them as a lesson and work upon them. Take CL’s Speed Tests to develop a good command over that subject.
- Take Mock Tests: Take mock tests and previous year papers to familiarize yourself with the paper pattern. You may take CL’s UIIC AO Test Series and CL’s Sectional Tests for various sections of the paper. Every mock you take will get you closer to your goal. These tests not only provide ample practice but give you an extra edge over other aspirants by providing detailed performance analysis and solutions.
- Focus on Descriptive Section: Don’t forget, descriptive section is equally important. So practice letter and essay writing questions and memorize the format of formal and informal letter. In descriptive section, you are evaluated on the format as well as the content. Since you have to type the answer on a computer, try to practice in the same way and increase your typing speed.
- Sharpen your GK Preparation & Computer Knowledge: As far as General Awareness section is concerned, stay updated with past 6 months important events. This section can be attempted quickly and at the same time, more marks can be scored. Take JIGYASA a daily quiz by CL. Important aspects of Computer Knowledge are basics of computer, input output questions, networking, MS office shortcuts, windows, hardware and software.
During the exam, don’t try to attempt questions which you are not confident of. First attempt only those sections in which you are more confident. Remember, solving 70-80% questions with 100% accuracy is better than solving all questions.
Visit us again on June 12 to know the expected cut off and detailed exam analysis.
All the best for UIIC AO 2016!