Today, let’s see what makes RBI grade B a lucrative career choice for MBA.
Masters degree in management is generally pursued after attaining manager position in a plush corporate. But not every corporate and every job gives you an opportunity of the same. Hence, these days many management graduates are looking for alternate career options. In one of our previous posts, we have discovered how MBA graduates are going beyond the corporate world.
Well, RBI is one of the most prestigious institutions in the country. A Grade B officer in RBI is a direct recruit in the institution and joins at managerial level.
At present competition in this exam is comparatively less because RBI has started direct recruitment for Grade B position since 2012. Hence, this is a less popular career option as of now.
What makes RBI Grade B job a lucrative career chocie?
- It is the highest position for which direct recruitment is done to one of the finest places to work for in our country (in a few recent surveys, RBI has been voted amongst the best place to work for in India).
- RBI officers form contacts with high-rank officials and corporate biggies in India and abroad.
- The salary and perks attached to this position are as good as a lucrative corporate placement one can expect if they pass out of one of the top B-Schools of the country (for detailed perks associated with this position you can read one of earlier posts).
- If your career graph goes well and you perform outstandingly, you have chances of retiring as Deputy Manger of the RBI.
- 90% of the Grade B officers retire as Chief GMs or Executive Directors.
- RBI Grade B officers, as they proceed in their career also get additional assignments at SEBI, SBI and other public sector banks.
- RBI Grade B officers also have an opportunity of a deputation to the Finance Ministry, Home Ministry, Nationalized banks, CBI, Income Tax and Foreign banks too.
- RBI Grade B officers also get a chance to go for further studies at the World’s best universities like LSE, Harvard, and Stanford etc.
- Even post-retirement, RBI Grade B officers are offered a lot of opportunities to work as a consultant for big investment banking firms.
Why a management graduate has an edge over others in this exam:
- RBI Grade B Phase 1 is an aptitude exam and a management graduate certainly has an edge over others in this phase as they must appear for a lot of such exams before joining a B-school.
- A management graduate must have studied finance, management, and economics which again will give them an edge over others in Phase 2 of the Grade B exam.
- A management graduate is also trained for soft skills and business communication which will help them gain an advantage in English Paper of Phase 2.
- An MBA degree adds value to candidate’s profile.
However, it is important to know the eligibility criteria set by the RBI (you can also check the notification):
- An aspirant must have minimum 60% marks in bachelor’s degree, 10th & 12th
- The age of aspirant should fall between 21-30 years.
So if you fulfill the above-set eligibility criterion, we hope that you know what makes RBI Grade B a lucrative career choice for MBA and without a thought, you should get set go for it.
To know how was last year’s RBI Grade B exam; you can check the detailed analysis of RBI Grade B exam, Phase 1 & Phase 2 here.
Now that we have discussed what makes RBI Grade B a lucrative career option for MBA. Accelerate your RBI Grade B preparation with our online classes, test series and study material.