Are you preparing for the General Awareness for the upcoming SSC and bank exams? Are you looking for some important schemes launched by the government for the welfare of common man? Here’s answer to all your queries.
This post will boost your General Awareness preparation. Moreover, this article aims to make you adept across all details of ‘Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana’. Let’s read further and gain insights into PMAY.
Overview of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana was launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on June 25, 2015. This scheme aims to provide housing to all by 2020.
- As per a report, under this scheme five crore pucca houses will be built for the poor in rural area.
- Three phases of the scheme is as follows:
- Phase 1 – From April 2015 to March 2017. In this phase, 100 cities will be covered.
- Phase 2 – From April 2017 to March 2019. More than 200 cities will be covered.
- Phase 3 – From April 2019 to March 2022.
Do you know, which section of the society will be benefitted by the PM Awas Yojana Scheme? Read below to know more.
Beneficiary of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- The beneficiaries of the scheme include women, Economically Weaker Sections of the society (EWS), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Scheduled Caste (SC).
- Under this scheme, the government will provide subsidy ranging between 1 lakh to 2.30 lakh.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana aims to meet the housing need of people residing in rural areas and slums. The following verticals under this scheme are:
- Housing in partnership with Public & Private sectors
- Slum rehabilitation with participation of private developers
- Subsidy for beneficiary-led house
- Promoting affordable houses for weaker section by providing credit facility
The following key highlights will boost your general awareness, thereby making you adept across minute details about this scheme.
Primary features of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Interest subsidy of 6.5% on housing loan will be provided for 15 years
- The houses will either be registered on the name of the female head of the family or in joint name of male and female head of the family.
- Under the PM Awas Yojana Scheme, older and differently-abled people will be given preference for ground floors.
- Eco friendly and sustainable technologies will be used for THE construction of houses.
Important points regarding Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- This scheme will be implemented during 2015 to 2022.
- To be eligible to receive benefits under this scheme, the family should not own a “pucca” house.
- Upto 30 square meter carpet area will be covered for housing purpose with basic civic amenities. All infrastructures should abide by the standards provided in National Building Code (NBC).
- The houses under PMAY should be designed as per the guidelines set up by the National Disaster Management Authority to withstand earthquake, flood, cyclone, landslides etc.
Let’s glance through what our PM Modi has to say on this. According to him, PM Awas Yojana Scheme is not an infrastructure project. This is a project looks forward to realize the dreams of the poor. Furthermore, this will not only provide housing to the rural poor, but will also create employment opportunities and skill development initiatives. This is an overall development scheme as this will boost the economy of our country.
After going through this post, you must have got a fair idea about PM Awas Yojana Scheme.
Test yourself! Let’s see how much you have understood.
- Which scheme is for rural poor and slum people?
- Which is the duration of this scheme?
- How much is the interest subsidy?
- How many cities will be covered in the phase-2 of this scheme?
All the best for your exam preparation!