St. Xavier’s College, an autonomous college under University of Mumbai, will conduct the BMM/BMS Entrance Test 2018 in the month of June for admission to three year degree courses in Bachelor of Mass Media and Bachelor of Management Studies.
BMM/BMS Entrance Test 2018 will see a change in the selection process. Unlike previous year, when the entrance was conducted in two stages, this year St. Xavier’s, Mumbai will conduct a single stage entrance test.
St. Xavier’s, Mumbai Intake:
For Bachelor of Mass Media: 60
For Bachelor of Management Studies: 60
BMM/BMS Entrance Test 2018 Eligibility:
- Candidates belonging to the General Category (GC) whose date of birth falls on or after 1st June 1995 are eligible to appear for the Entrance Test BMM/BMS 2018.
- Candidates belonging to the Christian religious community and SC/ST candidates who are born on or after 1st June 1993 are eligible to appear for the Entrance Test BMM/BMS 2018.
- The date of birth as recorded in the School Leaving Certificate, First Board / Pre-University Certificate / Birth Certificate issued by a Competent Authority will be accepted.
- For Christian minority candidates the Baptism Certificate will be a necessary document.
- A candidate must have passed a Qualifying Examination (QE) or should be appearing for the same in 2018. Those who will be appearing in the QE later than June 30th, 2018 are not eligible to apply for BMM/BMS 2018 Entrance Test.
- In case the candidate has passed the qualifying Examination from a Board or Pre-University other than the Maharashtra State Board then the candidate will be required to apply for a Provisional Eligibility Certificate issued by the University of Mumbai through the College at the time of admission. The duly filled-in application form available at the College Office should be submitted with an attested copy of the Class XII marksheet along with the prescribed fees to the college office when admission is offered.
- Candidates belonging to the General Category, must secure at least 65% marks in aggregate in their QE.
- Candidates from the Christian Minority Community must secure at least 60% in the QE.
- SC / ST candidates must secure at least 55% marks in their QE.
BMM/BMS Entrance Test 2018 Admission Process:
- There will be a written test of 100 marks (Objective Test on the OMR Sheet).
- Category-wise Final Merit list will be made by giving a 60% weightage to the score obtained in the written test and a 40% weightage to the score obtained in the qualifying Class XII Examinations.
- The Entrance Test will be for 100 marks based on Multiple Choice Questions
- For the BMM it will consist of questions on General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Data Interpretation, Economics, English Language & Comprehension Skills, Logical Reasoning and Critical Analysis & Creative Thinking.
- For the BMS it will consist of General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Data Interpretation, Mathematics, English Language & Comprehension Skills, Logical & Visual Reasoning, Critical Analysis.
- The Question Paper for both the tests will be in English.
- There is NO NEGATIVE marking.
BMM/BMS Entrance Test 2018 Important Dates:
Last Date to Apply: 30th May 2018
BMM Entrance Scheduled on: 01 June, 2018
BMS Entrance Scheduled on: 02 June, 2018
BMM/BMS 2018 Entrance Test: How to Apply
Candidate willing to apply for BMM/BMS Entrance Test for admission to St. Xavier’s Mumbai must visit the official website of the college.
You may also like to read our blog on IPMAT