As we all know, SBI PO & UIIC AO recruitment exams test your writing skills, and in order to get an interview call, you have to qualify both objective and descriptive tests. Smart aspirants understand the importance ofÂ Essay WritingÂ and Letter Writing. In fact, writing a letter can be little tricky yet you can score well if you follow the formal letter layout. To alleviate your anxiety, here are a few tips for writing a letter. Hope this helps you in your SBI PO & UIIC AO preparation.
- The address of the person you are writing to should appear on the top left cornerÂ of the page.
- Your address should appear on the top right corner.
- The date should be displayed just below the address, on left in full format e.g. 28thMay 2016.
- Once you have finished writing the main content of the letter, you should sign off with either â€˜Yours faithfullyâ€™ or â€˜Yours sincerelyâ€™.
- In a formal letter, the language and tone have to carry a certain degree of professionalism and formal structure.
In an informal letter, the layout is slightly different. â€™Yours faithfullyâ€™ or â€˜Yours sincerelyâ€™ is avoided and of course, the letter is written in a friendly tone.
Letter writing checklist: As a thumb rule, ensure that your letter is
- in the correct format
- specific and relevant
- free of any grammatical errors and spelling mistakes
- polite and well presented
Remember, clearing the entrance exam isn’t easy and you need practice of all subjects. This holds true for letter writing as well.