NEET 2019 Results


The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducted the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) 2019 on May 5. However, it was conducted again on May 20 for the Fani affected Odisha’s candidates and candidates of Karnataka whose train got delayed. The results and scorecards were officially announced by NTA on June 5, 2019. Nalin Khandelwal, a boy from Rajasthan has topped the exam with 701 marks out of 720. A total of 15,19,375 aspirants registered for the exam while 14,10,754 students appeared for it. This time, 797042 students have qualified and are eligible for counseling. These results are valid for 2019-20 academic year. The qualifying marks for various categories are:

Category Minimum Qualifying Percentile
General (UR) 50th
General (PH) 45th
OBC 40th
OBC(PH) 40th
SC 40th
SC (PH) 40th
ST 40th
ST (PH) 40th


The candidates who appeared for the examination can check their results from the official website – . The candidate can check the results with the help of his/her Roll Number and Date of Birth and security pin. Since the NEET result website was unreachable since it was announced, therefore, NTA has provided the official result link on the JEE Main server also.

There are 66,771 MBBS and 27,148 BDS seats available in India, therefore only a few will be able to grab the seats. Admission through NEET 2019 results would take place for 15% All India Quota seats, 85% State Quota seats, Seats in Deemed Universities, Seats in Central Universities, Management/NRI seats and Central Pool Seats. The courses offered to the students are MBBS, BDS, BUMS, BAMS, BHMS, BSMS, BNYS, B.V.Sc and AH. The NEET 2019 counseling for 15% All India Quota seats may start from second week of June by Directorate General of Health Services on behalf of MCC. The counseling for remaining 85% seats and seats of private colleges would be done by respective state authorities. The counseling process would include the following steps:

  1. Registration: The candidates have to first register by login to the official website. On completing the registration process, a unique ID and password will be generated. It will be sent to candidate’s registered email ID and mobile number. This has to be kept for future references.
  2. Counseling Fee Payment: After the successful registration, the candidates would be asked to submit the counselling fee. The fee can be paid online by Debit/Credit card or Net Banking. The fee for NEET 2019 counselling is :


15% AIQ/ Central Universities Non-Refundable Fee Refundable Fee
UR 1500 10,000
SC/ST/OBC/PwD 500 5,000



Deemed Universities Non-Refundable Fee Refundable Fee
All Categories 5,000 200,000

3. Choice Locking: Here the candidate has to fill the choices of course and colleges according to their preferences. A candidate must not forget to save the choices without which the choices would not be considered as locked choices.

4. Seat Allotment Result: After few days of choice locking, the seat allotment result would be declared and the candidate would be informed about it through email or SMS. Candidate would be given a seat allotment letter which is an important document which will be required during the time of reporting to allotted college.

5. Report to College: When the seats are allotted to the candidates, they have to report the allotted college to confirm the seat. At the time of reporting to the college, candidates are required to take some of the important documents along with them. The list of the documents is:NEET 2019 scorecard

  1. Class 10th and 12th scorecard
  2. ID Proof
  3. Passport Size Pictures (six)
  4. Provisional Allotment Letter
  5. Caste Certificate (if applicable)
  6. Physically Disabled Certificates (if applicable)
  7. NEET 2019 Admit Card