SSC CGL 2016 notification is out and now available on the web. The same will be published in Employment News / Rozgaar Samachar 13th feb Edition. Like always, this year also SSC has come up with some changes and surprises.
The significant changes in this year’s scheme of examination are as follows :
1. Change in Nomenclature and Age limit of the post
Assistant in Central Secretariat Service has been changed to Assistant Section Officer in Â Central Secretariat Service. The maximum age for general category of this post has been increased from 27 years to 30 years.
2. Post Discontinued
Assistant (Cypher) in Ministry of External Affairs has been discontinued.
3. New Post Added
Assistant Audit Officer in Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG has been introduced. This is a non-ministerial gazetted post with a grade pay of Rs 4800. This is the first time a post with grade pay of Rs 4800 has been introduced.
*This post has been included with the in principle approval of the Government
subject to final approval
4. Qualification for Assistant Audit Officer in CAG
A desirable qualification has been added (Besides the essential one which is bachelor’s degree) which states that candidates having CA, CS or Cost & Management Accountant or M.Com., Masters in Business Studies, MBA (Finance) or Masters in Business Economies will be preferred.
5. Instead of Upper Division Clerk a new post has been introduced with the name Senior Secretariat Assistant.
6. The date for reckoning Age limit is 1st August 2016.
7. Link for Application – http://ssconline2.gov.in. and http://sscregistration.nic.in
8. Interview component has been dispensed with. There will, therefore, be no interview.
9. Candidates applying for Assistant Audit Officer under CAG will have to write additional paper of General Studies(Finance and Economics) in Tier II.
The examination will be of 2 hours having 200 maximum marks. The number of questions will be notified later.
10. The online application will start from 13th feb 2016 to 14th March 2016.
To download the notification, please visit the following link –
Hi Ankit Sir,
I attended your session today (20/02) in the morning at IIC, Max Muller Road. It was great and informative.
I tried searching for the data that you use in the slides. Will it be possible for you to mail the link for the same to me, it would be of great help
Thanks for your kind appreciation.
You can find the details on the following link –
Todays mock test conducted by career launcher was very fake. They were not having any question paper. They just said that we will send the question paper to your home.
I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Please be assured by that by morning you will receive a call from our support team for resolving your issue to your satisfaction.
Hello sir i want to know, has ssc discountinued MEA cypher post only for this year or permanently?