With approximately 3 weeks left for the SBI PO Prelims 2016, most of you must be feeling jittery. To pacify your anxiety, this article will help you sail through the SBI PO Prelims 2016 exam!
Cracking any exam would be a daunting task if you don’t strategize well. In this post, we would like to help you form a though-after strategy for the SBI PO Prelims 2016.
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern
As you might be aware, SBI PO Preliminary Examination will be an objective Computer-Based Test (CBT) consisting of 3 sections viz. Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language.
Besides an overall cut off, there is a sectional cut off that you need to cross to move to the next round. The candidates who qualify in the Prelims will be called for the Main examination. So let us take a look at the SBI PO Prelims exam structure.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Marks||Composite time: 60 minutes|
5 ways to conquer SBI PO Prelims
So without further ado, let’s begin with this roadmap to maximize your chances of clearing the exam.
- Focus on important topics/concepts:Dedicate more time to the topics that carry higher weight in the SBI PO Prelims examination. Just focus on the exam pattern.
For instance, in the Reasoning section, the following topics appear as a set of 3-5 questions.
- Coding & Decoding
- Seating Arrangement & Patterns
- Puzzles, Blood Relations
- Data Sufficiency
- Input Output
Practice at least 15-20 questions of each type. Focus on time management while attempting the questions.
In Quantitative Aptitude section, you must develop a sound strategy to increase your attempts. Learn shortcuts and formulae to increase your speed. The following topics make up a huge portion of the syllabus.
- Number Series & Simplification
- Data Interpretation
- Quadratic Equation
- Average, Percentages
- Profit & Loss, Discounts
- Ratio & Proportion
The English Language section broadly consists of Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, Grammar and Vocabulary based questions. You need to be thorough with the concepts in order to attempt at least 25-27 questions with 90% accuracy.
To facilitate your learning, you can enroll for CL’s Banking Classroom Program or CL’s Banking Correspondence program.
- All sections are equally important in SBI PO Prelims 2016: Don’t rely on your strong areas. Prepare each section with full dedication. Ensure that you have a good command over all sections so that you clear sectional cut-off with a good overall score.
- Work on your weak areas: â€˜Practice’ is the key to overcoming weaknesses. Take sectional tests and topics tests to build a good grasp over your weak areas. Take CL’s Bank Speed Tests and boost your preparation! Devise your test taking strategy and time management. Remember speed and accuracy are the key elements that can make or break your deal.
- Glance through previous year papers: This will give a clear picture of the examination pattern. You should practice the papers as a part of your revision so that they can know the stipulated time limit.
- Take mocks: The only thing that will take you to your destination is â€˜exhaustive practice’. The more you practice the more you develop conceptual clarity. So practice CL’s mock tests specifically designed for SBI PO. Enroll for CL’s Bank Test Series and get a detailed report of your performance. Practice these tests and walk the path to success.
It is recommended to regularly attempt mock tests so that the actual paper appears to be another mock.
If you have any queries, feel free to ask them in the comments section below.
All the very best from Team CL 🙂