Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education Research (JIPMER) has released the notification to conduct JIPMER 2018, their MBBS entrance exam for admission into its medical courses.
There are a total of 200 MBBS seats, 150 offered in JIPMER Puducherry, and 50 in JIPMER Karaikal. The application form for JIPMER 2018 MBBS entrance exam will be made available from 7th March 2018. Eligible candidates can appear for JIPMER 2018, which is set to be held on 3rd June 2018. Last year, the JIPMER MBBS Entrance exam was held in 75 cities across India.
JIPMER 2018: Important Dates
|Commencement of online registration for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2018||07 March 2018|
|Last date for submission of application forms||13 April 2018|
|Availability of hall ticket||A week before the exam|
|JIPMER MBBS 2018 exam||03 June 2018|
|Counselling Begins||27- 29 June 2018|
|Final Counselling||28 September 2018|
|Last date for admission||30 September 2018|
JIPMER 2018: Application Form
Candidates can apply and submit the application form in online mode only. It will be available at www.jipmer.edu.in///
JIPMER 2018: How to apply online
Step 1 – Visit jipmer.edu.in and click on apply online link for JIPMER 2018 MBBS entrance exam. Enter the details including name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID. Login link to registered email and mobile number will be received after 5 minutes. Candidates must make sure that their number is not registered with DND.
Step 2 – Login with User ID and password.
Step 3 – Complete application form. Enter details including category, qualification, address, exam city preference, and upload images. Scanned copies of photograph and signature have to be uploaded. Then submit the form.
JIPMER 2018: Application Fee
- The application fee is Rs. 1000 (for SC/ST category candidates fee is Rs. 800).
- The fee can be paid via online mode only (Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking).
- OPH candidates are exempted to pay the application fee.
Specifications for photograph
- It should be a recent colour passport size photograph.
- It should be taken on or after 31 July.
- Candidate must be holding a placard with name and date of taking photograph.
- It should be 30 x 45 mm in dimension, and between 20 – 200 KB in size.
JIPMER 2018: Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: Must be an Indian national or Overseas Citizen of India.
Age: Must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission. Otherwise, must complete 17 years of age by December 31 of the year of admission. In other words, DOB should be on or after 01-01-2002. There is no upper age limit.
- Must have passed Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study.
- In class XI and XII or equivalent must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology or any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the NCERT.
- Must have passed physics, chemistry, biology/bio technology and English individually. In addition, must have obtained minimum marks in aggregate of these subjects as follows.
|Category||Minimum aggregate in PCB|
|SC / ST / OBC / OPH||40%|
JIPMER 2018: Exam Pattern
Candidates must know JIPMER 2018 MBBS Entrance Exam paper pattern in order to prepare for it. Usually, exam pattern does not change if it does we will notify you at the earliest.
|Subject||Number of questions|
|English language and comprehension||10|
|Logical and quantitative reasoning||10|
Some important aspects of JIPMER 2018 exam:
|Aspect of exam||Details|
|Mode of exam||Online computer based|
|Duration of exam||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Date of exam||3rd June 2018|
|Number of shifts||2 (expected)|
|Exam timing||Morning shift – 10 AM to 12:30 PM
Afternoon shift – 3 PM to 5:30 PM (expected)
|Allocation of shift||As per hall ticket|
|Language of question paper||English|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice question type|
|Number of questions||200|
|Marking scheme||Correct answer: +4
Incorrect answer: 0
|Method of resolving tie||In order of
• Biology percentile
• Chemistry percentile
• Physics percentile
• English language and comprehension percentile
• Logical and quantitative reasoning percentile
• Age seniority
We will keep updating you with the latest news on JIPMER and other medical entrances. Keep in touch!