IIM-A started its first batch of ePGP this year. The first of its kind, this program started by IIM-A is designed to be at par with other IIM-A courses and to offer students similar learning and experience as to any other student of IIM-A. The program has already taken off very well with 53 students on board.
What is ePGP by IIM-A?
ePost Graduate Program by IIM-A is a two-year post graduate diploma program in Management to be carried through electronic mode. Specially designed for working executives and young entrepreneurs, this program offers students a flexibility of completing the course in 3 years. The course will be delivered through a blend of on-campus modules and Interactive Onsite Learning platform.
This course is designed such that it will help working professionals and entrepreneurs to enhance their skill set and knowledge so as to give their career a boost to the next level. An innovative curriculum is designed for the program which would go as follows:
- In the first year, the participants will study core management areas such as Finance, Marketing, Human Resource, and Operations.
- In the second year, the participants will be required to choose electives of their choice from the gamut of the courses offered. Studying an elective will help participants gain deep knowledge of their area of elective.
The curriculum is designed in such a manner that it will help participants:
- Understand analytical tools and techniques;
- Understand functional areas of management;
- Develop team skills and leadership attributes;
- Develop decision making abilities.
The eligibility criteria set for the ePGP course by IIM-A is:
- Working Professionals and entrepreneurs with minimum of 3 years of full-time work experience after graduation (As on 31st December 2017);
- As on 31st December 2017 the candidate should be of 24 years or above;
- Candidate should possess, from a recognized University or Institution a Bachelor’s Degree/CA/ICWA with minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA.
Selection Process/Admission Criteria:
The selection process for ePGP as set by IIM-A is:
- A valid CAT score of last 3 years, i.e.; CAT 2015 – CAT 2017 will be considered for short listing. Candidates who wish to apply for this course should appear for CAT.
A valid GMAT score of last 5 years, i.e.; from 1st January 2013 to 31st December 2017 will be considered for short listing.
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of CAT/GMAT score will be called for a Personal Interview.
The fee structure of the ePGP course is:
The fee can be paid in installments, the details of which can be checked by clicking here.
How is ePGP different from PGP?
Unlike the other programs offered by IIM-A, ePGP is especially designed for working professionals and entrepreneurs so as to provide a boost to their career graphs. All the other long duration courses offered at IIM-A are full time residential programs, ePGP is offered through satellite technology-enabled classroom in different cities with three campus modules of one week each at the IIM-A campus itself.
Is the Program considered equivalent to MBA?
The program is equivalent to A Post Graduate Diploma offered by IIM-A and other many prestigious institutions in India. MBA in India is usually awarded by Universities as deemed by the UGC. Institutes in India usually grant a diploma. Any diploma granted by IIMs holds a high repute.
Is there any Placement Support/Career Service in ePGP?
Since this course is designed only for working professionals or entrepreneurs, it is meant to support participants in boosting their career and thus, Placement Support/Career Service is not provided for this program.
Are there any reservations?
IIM-A has not set any reservations for any category whatsoever for this program.
The first batch of ePGP course of IIM-A has started this year and comprises 51 male participants and 2 female participants. As revealed by the institutions itself, 79% of the batch holds a BE or a BTech degree with students coming from IT services, Oil and Gas, Healthcare, and Financial Services background.
The work experience profile of the batch is:
|No. of years of Work Experience||Percent of the batch|
Who all should apply for this course?
This is a two-year interactive onsite learning program which gives participants flexibility to attend the classes from their respective cities so as to pursue the course without hindering their current assignments. Participants also have a flexibility of completing the course in a duration of three years. It is designed so as to impart management education to junior, mid and senior level working professionals and entrepreneurs.
Candidates who are:
- Seeking to equip themselves with various areas of management;
- Seeking to develop leadership skill set;
- Seeking to take their career up to the next level;
Should definitely apply or this course.
Stay tuned for more updates.
All the best!!