First Year Junior College (FYJC) Admission in Maharashtra:
Maharashtra Board had already declared the Class 10th results, now the admission process for FYJC admissions is likely to begin today on the official website.
How to Register for FYJC CET
- 1) Since the exam is optional, students have to fill in an application form
- 2) FYJC Registration Link http://cet.mh-ssc.ac.in.
- 3) Students have to follow the instructions provided therein and put a tick mark next to fields applicable to them
FYJC CET Exam fees
- 1) Students of state board who have cleared their 10th std. exam this year do not have to pay any exam fees
- 2) However, students of state board who have cleared 10th std. exam in previous years or students of other boards have to pay Rs.178 as exam fees via online mode.
FYJC CET exam Dates
- 1) 21st August, 2021 from 11.00am to 1.00pm
- 2) Students are expected to reach the center 1 hour before the exam time and follow all COVID rules.
FYJC CET Pattern of the Exam:
1) Applicable to students of all boards In Maharashtra, who have passed 10th std. exam (State Board, CBSE, ICSE, etc.)
2) The exam is completely optional
3) The exam will be based on 10th std. state board syllabus
4) 100 marks exam for 2 hours
5) The same paper will be translated in 8 languages and the students can select as per their preference
6) Semi-English students will get the paper in English and the second subject of their choice.
7) The pattern will be Multiple Choice Questions only
8) Four subjects – English, Math, Science, Social Science (History & Political Science and Geography)
|Maths I & II||25|
|Science I & II||25|
|Social Science (History & Political Science and Geography)||25|
9) Language options: 8 mediums to choose from – English, Marathi, Hindi, Urdu, Gujarati, Kannada, Sindhi, Telugu
10) Multiple Choice Question Type only
11) The exam will be based only on 10th std. state board syllabus
25% reduced syllabus part will not form a part of the exam
FYJC CET Exam Centre
- 1) Students have to fill in their district & taluka while filling the application
- 2) They will be allotted schools in the designated schools in their taluka.
- Hall Ticket
- 1) The students will get the hall ticket online. They are expected to take a print out of the same and go through the instructions before appearing for the exam.
- 2) If the information in the hall ticket is wrong or the photo is missing, then they need to undertake steps given on the website.
FYJC CET mode of Exam
1) Students have to enter their answers in OMR sheet provided.
2) The OMR sheet will have question numbers from 1 to 100 and option A, B, C and D given against each question number.
3) Students have to fill in the circle next to the desired option. They may use blue or black ball pen to fill the circle.
4) Students are expected to fill the circle with ink completely.
5) Students will not be awarded any marks for a particular question in the following situations:
- Half-filled or incompletely filled circle
- – Erased circle
- – More than one option filled
- – Number or option alphabet filled in the circle
- 6) Students should not fold or crumple the OMR sheet as it may lead to problems in scanning
- 7) For any rough work, students can use the back page of the question paper
- 8) Students will be given the carbon copy of their own solution at the end of the exam. Hence, there will be no provision for rechecking for this exam.
FYJC CET 2021 Result
- 1) The board will upload the answer sheet on the website
- 2) Anyone who has any objection regarding the same, may raise it within limited time frame
- 3) The board will consider the objection and if it is valid, it will upload the final answer sheet
- 4) The board will announce a date for the results. The results will be declared online.
FYJC CET Syllabus:
FYJC CET English Syllabus
- 33 Grammar topics + non-textual passages for comprehension (6 to 8 lines) + poetic devices + Questions based on writing skills
- Compound words
- word chain
- Types of sentence
- Gerund Participle Infinitive
- Homo hone/ Homograph
- Spot the error
- Correct spelling
- Subject verb agreement
- Use of correct verb form
- Figure of speech
- Alphabetical order
- Part of speech
- Direct indirect speech
- Word register
- Active passive voice
- Degree of comparison
- Modal Auxiliaries
- Antonym synonym
- Prefix suffix
- Word formation
- Coordinator / subordinator
- Find the word class noun or verb
- Fill in the blanks by choosing the correct phrase idiom or maxim
- Proverbs and their meaning
- Framing questions
- Question tag
- Not only – but also
- No sooner – than
- As soon as
- Clauses identify and state its kind
- Transformation of sentence
- Non textual passage of comprehension 6 to 8 lines
- Poetic devices
- Question based on writing skills
FYJC CET Science & Technology – 20 topics as notified
- Periodic classification of element
- Chemical reaction and equation
- Effects of electric current
- Refraction of Light
- Carbon Compounds
- Space Missions.
Science part 2
- Heredity and evolution
- Life processes in living organism part 1
- Life process in living organism part 2
- Environmental management towards green energy
- Animal classification
- Introduction to microbiology
- Cell biology and biotechnology
- Social health
- Disaster management
FYJC CET Math Syllabus – 9 topics as notified
Math part 1
- Linear equation in two variables
- Quadratic equations
- Arithmetic progression
Math part 2
- Pythagoras theorem
- Co-ordinate geometry
FYJC CET Social Science Syllabus – 17 topics as notified.
- Critical summary of history( from ancient to modern period )
- Applied history
- Mass media and history
- Entertainment media and history (for academic year 2020-21 this unities omitted for revaluation chapter 6 omitted)
- Arts sports literature and history (for academic year 2021 some portion of the unit is omitted for evolution chapter 4 omitted)
- Tourism and history
- History and other disciplines.
- Working of the constitution
- The electoral process
- Political parties (National)
- Political parties regional
- Social and political movements
- Location and extent
- Physiography and drainage
- Natural vegetation and wildlife
- Economy and occupations
- Tourism transportation and communication.