“Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow”- anonymous
Appearing for an Olympiad is beyond school. Olympiad exams are competitive examination conducted at school level. It is totally based on the school curriculum and is conducted by various independent organizations. These competitive exams aim to provide exposure to students and make them ready to face any challenge in future.
Olympiad exams are considered as a burden by many students. They take it as an addition to their routine studies. Parents believe that appearing for Olympiad exams hamper their child’s academic grades. As it is said, every coin has two sides; such is the case here also. It is advisable to consider Olympiad bliss rather than havoc.
Olympiads are highly challenging as it improves your aptitude and competitive spirit among students. Here are a few perspectives that we would like to share with you:
- Future talent pool: Olympiad exams help to identify young geniuses. It brings out the best in students. There are various exams conducted on various subjects like Science, Mathematics, English, General Knowledge and Computers that help students to solve complex problems in no time. It is not just an exam; its objective is to provide a competitive platform to students, thus creating a talent pool for future.
- Provides a big platform: Olympiads, as conducted by various foundations like the Science Olympiad Foundation, National Olympiad foundation, etc. provide a big platform where even primary level students can showcase their talent at state, national and international levels.
- Build confidence in the student: Olympiads motivate students to aspire and strive for better and emerge out to be the best. A student holding a rank in an Olympiad develops a sense of confidence.
- Improvement in class results: Olympiad exam helps in improving student routine class result. Olympiads improve their conceptual understanding and enables students to grasp tricky concepts.
- Gain additional knowledge: Olympiad exam gives a chance to students to sharpen their skills. They tackle a number of problems at a level they are not likely to encounter in their classrooms. Students gain additional knowledge and get an early exposure to competition and learning. They learn to confidently write answers. These competitions sharpen the minds of the youth.
- Improves reasoning ability:These exams help students to cultivate analytical thinking which is useful in any examination. Olympiads not only improve the logical thinking and help in brainstorming but also enhance the analytical and reasoning ability, problem-solving skills, and confidence. Overall, it helps in the development of a child at a young stage.
Above all, participating in Olympiad exams and representing one’s state or country at national and international level gives the satisfaction and pleasure to the students which itself is the best reward for them.
You might also like to read our blogs: