It’s time for engineering aspirants to perk up their preparation as Karnataka Common Entrance test i.e. KCET 2018 exam dates have been announced!
Like every year, Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) will be conducting KCET 2018 exam for admission into various courses offered by Karnataka University. The full-time undergraduate courses offered are MBBS/BDS (Medical/Dental), BAMS, BUMS, BHYS & BHMS, B.E. /B. Tech, B. Arch, BSc
The KCET 2018 exam will be conducted on 18th, 19th, and 20th April 2018.
The online application for the same has already started, so the interested candidates can apply for KCET 2018 exam until the second week of February 2018.
KCET 2018: Eligibility Criteria
The Candidates who possess the educational qualifications mentioned below are eligible to write Karnataka CET 2018 Exam.
- B.E/ B. Tech: Candidates must pass 2nd PUC/ 12thStandard or an equivalent examination with a minimum of 45% Marks in Physics and Mathematics with Chemistry or Biology.
- MBBS or BDS: Candidates must pass in 2nd PUC/12thStandard or an equivalent exam with the minimum of 50% marks in the Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- BAMS, BUMS, and BNYS & BHMS: Candidates must complete 2nd PUC/12thstandard or an equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks in the Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
- B. Arch: Candidates must clear 12thStandard or an equivalent exam with a minimum of 50% marks in all the subjects and needs to study Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- B. V. Sc. & A.H: Candidates must pass 12thstandard/2nd PUC or an equivalent qualification with minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology subjects.
- Pharm: Candidates must pass 12thor an Equivalent exam with English and should get minimum 45% Marks in PCM subjects.
KCET 2018: Additional Requirements
- The Applicants from Karnataka and Jammu Kashmir as well as NRI Candidates are also eligible to write KEA CET Exam 2018.
- Candidates applying for Medicine Exam should have the permission of Medicine and Dental Council.
- Applicants whose age is above 17 years are only eligible to apply for Karnataka CET 2018 exam.
- Candidates of Special Category can get Age exception of 5 to 6 years.
KCET 2018: Important Dates
|Online Application Window||Open|
|Last date for Online application||2nd Week of February 2018|
|Last Date for Fee Payment||2nd week of March 2018|
|Download Admit card||1st Week of April 2018.|
|Exam Date KCET – Common Entrance Test||18th to 19th April 2018.|
|Kannada Language Test – Bangalore||20th April 2018|
|Verification of Documents for Agriculturist||May 2018|
|Documents Verification||May 2018.|
KCET 2018: How to apply online
- Visit the official KCET website.
- Click on “CET-2018 UG Online Application”.
- Enter all particulars in the relevant fields, thereby submitting all details.
- You will receive Application ID & Password.
- Upload Scanned Passport size Photograph, Signature, and Left-hand Thumb.
- Pay the Application Fee by following instructions.
- Take a printout of KCET Application Form.
KCET 2018: Exam Fees
The Online Application filling will be completed only after successful payment of application fee. Applicants can pay the Fee using e-Challan drawn from the Prescribed Bank.
- General/OBC Candidates: Rs. 650/-
- Reserved Candidates: Rs. 500/-
- Applicants residing outside Karnataka: Rs. 750/-
KCET 2018: Exam Pattern
- The exam pattern of CET is given below:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be pen & paper based i.e. in offline mode.
- Types of Question: Question paper will be Multiple Choice Type Question.
- Number of Questions: Total 60 question will be asked from each section.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be awarded for each correct answer. There is no provision for negative marking i.e. No marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
- Time Duration: The time duration is 320 minutes for the whole exam. Each section will be given 80 minutes.
|Subjects||No. of Question||Time Allotted (in Minutes)|
|Kannada (in case)||50||80|
For more details, please visit the official KCET website.