Tata Institute of Social Sciences, popularly known as TISS, has released the official notification for the batch of 2019-2021. TISS-NET is Tata Institute’s national level entrance test for its Master’s in Arts Programmes across all the campuses. This year TISSNET will be conducted on 19th January 2019.
|Announcement of Admissions||22nd October 2018|
|Last date for online applications||10th December 2018|
|Last date for receipt of forms by post||12th December 2018|
|Issue of Admit Cards||26th – 27th December 2018|
|TISS National Entrance Test||19th January 2019 (2:00 pm to 3:40 pm)|
|Announcement of TISS-NET result||Last week of January 2019|
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936. It was only in the year 1964 that it came to be a Deemed University. TISS is regarded as a symbol of excellence in higher education that continually responds to changing social realities through the development and application of knowledge. TISS has campuses in Mumbai, Tuljapur, Hyderabad, Guwahati, and Chennai.
TISS-NET is Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test. It is an online entrance exam conducted by TISS for admission in its Full-Time Post Graduate Degree Programs offered across its campuses.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree (under the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 year bridge course pattern) in any stream from a recognized university;
- Candidates in their final year are also eligible to apply, they will be required to furnish the documents of having completed all the requirements of final year by 8th June 2019;
- Candidates in their final year with backlogs will be considered ineligible for the exam
|Application for any:||Online|
Candidates can apply either ONLINE or OFFLINE. Offline mode is for candidates living in remote areas where the connectivity of internet is not appropriate.
To apply online:
- Candidates are required to visit the official portal of TISS i.e.; http://admissions.tiss.edu/
- Create a login id and password;
- Fill in all the required personal and educational details;
- Review all the details filled;
- Click on “Proceed to Payment” and pay the required fee;
- Review your details once again and click on “Submit” tab.
To apply offline:
- Candidates need to send a request for the form to the TISS, Mumbai campus along with the application fee;
- After receiving the form the candidates are required to fill the form as per the instructions given;
- Once the form has been filled candidates have to send it to the same address via speed post.
TISS-NET Exam Pattern:
The exam pattern of TISS-NET is as follows:
|General Awareness||40 marks|
|English Proficiency||30 marks|
|Math and Logical Reasoning||30 marks|
- The total duration for the exam is 100 minutes
- There will be no negative marking in the exam;
- The number of answer choices available per question is 4.
The candidates will go through three stages before finally getting selected into the Master’s course of TISS. Following the stages of selection:
|Pre- Test Interview||50 marks|
|Personal Interview||75 marks|
For final selection, overall performance of candidate in all the three stages; NET (40%), PTI (30%) & PI (30%) is considered.
To know more about MBA as a career and to check our offerings for MBA prep, click here.
Stay tuned for more updates!
All the best!