The CAT 2018 Admit Cards are now available for download from the official portal of CAT 2018.
Steps to download your Admit Card:
- Candidates should first visit the official portal of CAT 2018 i.e.; https://iimcat.ac.in;
- Click on the link “Download Admit Card”;
- Login with your username and password;
- Download your admit card and take a print out for future reference.
CAT Correction Window
The CAT 2018 conducting body, IIM Calcutta, had opened a selective CAT Correction Window. In this window, from Sep 27, 2018 (10:00 AM) to Sep 30, 2018 (5:00 PM), applicants with improper/blur photographs could login and re-upload their photograph. This was valid only for those candidates who had registered successfully (including payment) for CAT 2018 before the specified deadline.
The much awaited CAT 2018 Notification was released on 29th July by IIM Calcutta, the IIM body conducting CAT this year. This year CAT will be conducted on 25th November 2018, as announced earlier. The registration for CAT began on 8th August 2018 and they have extended the last date for registration till 26th September 2018.
|Registration starts||8th August 2018|
|Registration Ends||26th September 2018 (5 pm)|
|Admit Card Download||24th October 2018|
|CAT 2018 Exam Date||25th November 2018|
|Result Declaration||Second Week of January|
The test fee for the exam is Rs 1900 for General Category students and Rs 950 for Reserved Category students. The test will be conducted across 147 cities in two slots. Candidates can select any 4 cities in order of their preference.
Mode of Payment
The application form can be filled in online mode only. The application fee can be submitted using any of the payment modes, including Credit/Debit Card, and Net Banking.
CAT Paper Pattern
- The paper will comprise three sections Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR), and Quantitative Aptitude (QA) in that order.
- The duration of the test will be 180 minutes.
- Each of the three sections will be of 60 minutes.
- Movement between sections will not be allowed
- Use of the basic on-screen calculator will be allowed
- The paper will comprise of MCQ questions and some TITA, Type in The Answer, type questions. All questions will carry 3 marks
- The marking scheme for MCQ type questions will be +3 for every correct attempt and -1 for every incorrect attempt.
- There will be no negative marking for TITA type questions
CAT Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree in any disciple from any recognized university or equivalent qualification
The Minimum Qualification is:
50% – GEN/NC-OBC
45% – SC/ST/PWD
- Candidates appearing for final year examination of the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification and candidates who have finished their degree prerequisites and are waiting for the results can also apply
Test how CAT-ready you are and start your preparation in the right direction today. Download your CAT Success Kit now.